Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our little superhero

Ryker is growing up so fast! He is starting to sing the songs in his videos and he is talking so much. He really likes Backyardigans and Wonder Pets. Wonder Pets is his favorite right now and it is so cute to hear him say, "wonder pet". Speaking of Wonder Pets, he wanted to have a cape on one day, so I attached his little blanket around him. He wore it for about 5 minutes, then he was done, but he was our little superhero for those few minutes.




Tonight he decided he was going to push his highchair around the kitchen. He has never done this before, but I pushed him in it from the dining room to the kitchen tonight, so I guess he got the idea from me pushing him. He got it out of the kitchen and in the dining room, but he ran out of room. J and I were laughing because his highchair is so big compared to him, but he was determined to push that thing around. We also had some fun with stickers. Ryker and I went shopping tonight and we found some Thomas the Train stickers, so we had to buy them. When we got home J stuck one on his hand and he did not like that so we started sticking them on a piece of cardboard. He thought that was fun, but after J and I walked away he started pulling the stickers off the cardboard and sticking them to his leg. It was hilarious! I picked him up to try to get a picture of him standing, but he wouldn't put his feet down. I guess the stickers were pulling his skin or something. Anyways he eventually stood up and I was able to get a couple good pictures.
He is still calling J Da, but he has begun to say Daddy recently, and it's really cute. He calls me Mommy, but he has also been calling me Mom. I like both, but with him calling me Mom it really hits me that he is growing up and he's not a baby anymore, he's actually a little boy. He also says, "sorry" and "I like it". It is amazing to watch him grow and change everyday. We love our little superhero so much!

No comments: